ITR-1 (Sahaj) and ITR-4S (Sugam) released by the Income tax department and published on the e-filing website for download.
Download ITR-1 here
Download ITR-4 here
File your income tax return from here
Who can use ITR-1 for AY 2014-15?
Individuals having the income from Salary and Interest.
Who can user ITR-4 for AY 2014-15?
Individuals/HUF having the income from presumptive business
The AY 2014-15 ITR's are e-Utilities (Till AY 2013-14 - Excel Utilities)
How to use the forms:
These Forms are developed using the latest in JAVA technology and effort has been made to make it user friendly, simpler and faster preparation of tax returns. This utility can be run on operating systems like Windows 7.0 or above and latest Linux, where Java Runtime Environment Version 7 Update 6 (jre 1.7 is also known as jre version 7) or above is installed.
The following are features available in the Form.
Short Cut Keys to use in e-Utility?
1. Alt+N : Opens new ITR
2. Alt+S : Saves the ITR in the user desired path
3. Alt+F4 : Closes the Utility
4. Alt+I : Imports the xml file
5. Alt+F : Pre-fills the ITR
6. Alt+C : Clears the validation errors
7. Alt+D : Hides/shows the validation window
8. Alt+G : Open the submit screen to submit the ITR
9. Alt+R : Recalculates the tax details as per the Utility
Required System Settings for e-Utility?
Following are the recomended settings to use the ITR Utility :
1. Java Runtime Environment Version 7 Update 6 (jre 1.7 is also known as jre version 7) or above
2. Any Zip Software to unzip the utility
Minimum bandwidth of 256 kbps and above